Sunday, October 14, 2012

#15: Technology

I love technology and have always wanted to newest and neatest in technology.  The new iPhone 5 is already on my wish list, and I absolutely love my iPad.  I would have loved this technology as a child, and would love to been able to have access to iPad when my children were smaller.  I have two children, Jake who is a junior at Huntsville High School and Hannah who is an 8th grader at Huntsville Middle School.  Last year for Christmas they both received laptops, and now due to the one-to-one initiative they have another laptop from Huntsville City Schools.  They both enjoy using their laptops for schools, especially Edmodo.  However, they do not like having a textbook on their laptops.  They both would prefer to have a textbook in their hands, which I can completely understand.  As much as I love technology, I'd much rather have a book in my hand than to read off of my iPad.  However, I realize that online textbooks are the future and luckily they are getting a hands-on experience before they will reach college.

No comments:

Post a Comment