Sunday, September 9, 2012

TOSA job description

My new position as a TOSA, teacher on special assignment, is a job that I am really enjoying so far this year.  I'm considered the second assistant principal, and I am learning more and more each day about the responsibilities of an assistant principal.  I am very fortunate to work for a great principal and assistant principal.  They have both so very helpful, and are very knowledgeable about their jobs. 
My responsibilities include being the RtI coordinator, collaborating with the social worker on students with excessive absences, working on the CIP, being a mentor for a first year teacher and assisting with discipline when needed.  I look forward to school each day, and I am still adjusting to having an office, instead of a classroom of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment